Friday, 7 August 2015

Radio interview


After a wonderful year working with residents, the manager and owner and staff and other artists (including John Rose, Gez Hughes, Marsha O'Mahony and Tom Rees) at The Forbury in Leominster, this'Everyone Matters'  Arts Council funded project was successfully completed. In reality the project is set in place to continue, using arts a way to engage people, through self expression, social inclusion, bring a sense of wellbeing and happiness. The benefits of using art as a therapy when people are unwell is well documented. The benefits for artists who work with people who are unwell is less documented - I always feel I have learnt a lot, and especially understand more about how to communicate in non-verbal ways ....and just by changing certain things about yourself, your posture, people react differently, they are more likely to engage with an art activity.
I spoke at length about my work as a Community Artist, with Ian and Pete two Presenters on Hereford Hospital Radio www.hhr.org.uk and especially about working with people who have chronic illnesses such as Alzheimers.

No comments:

Post a Comment